- Artists Without Borders in the 4D Building in Soldotna has “Unhinged,” works done on a door or window, in conjunction with a group show by local artists, through April.
- Art Works in Soldotna has egg tempera paintings by Andy Hehnlin on display.
- The Funky Monkey in Kenai has photography by Tony Lewis on display through April.
- Kaladi Brothers on Kobuk Street in Soldotna has “This Season That We Call Winter,” a photography exhibition by Genevieve Klebba, on display.
- Kaladi Brothers on the Sterling Highway in Soldotna has artwork by Melody Lee Gleichman on display through April.
- The Kenai Fine Arts Center in Old Town Kenai has the a Kenai Peninsula School District visual arts celebration with work by ninth- through 12th-graders on display through April.
- The Soldotna Senior Center is looking for artists to display their work in the center’s lobby. Shows are one month long. Artwork must hang on the walls. Call Mary Lane at 262-8839.
- First Thursday events today include an artist reception for Melody Lee Gleichman from 5 to 7 p.m. at Kaladi Brothers on the Sterling Highway, artists reception at Artists Without Borders for an “Unhinged” and group show from 5 to 7 p.m. in the 4D Building in Soldotna, a reception for the Kenai Peninsula School District visual arts celebration from 6 to 8 p.m. at the Kenai Fine Arts Center in Kenai, and a bluegrass jam from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. at Christ Lutheran Church in Soldotna.
- The Kenai Writers Group will meet at 6:30 p.m. in the conference room at Kenai Community Library. Everyone is welcome. Bring extra copies of your work to share.
- The Soldotna High School drama department presents a comedy, “The Panic Broadcast of 1938, “ at 7 p.m. at SoHi. Admission is $5. In the play, the drama and dilemmas of two wide-eyed young women, Margie and June, is set against a backdrop of their small community panicking after hearing Orson Welles’ radio production of “War of the Worlds.” They meet Tom and Hank, from a circus train making a water stop in town. Margie’s dad, the sheriff, throws the boys in jail for robbery about the time pandemonium erupts from a supposed Martian invasion sighting at the train station. As the town gathers to plan their evacuation they come face to face with an “alien” and discover the Martian invasion might not be what it seems. Cast members include: Jessiah Steffy, Delana Duncan, Holly Jenkins, Nick Tesch, Dillon Ball, Jeff Melvin, Kevin Oelrich, Keegan Eshleman, Brian Folley, Autumn Ball, Britt Wilson, Cati Smith, Josh Rutten, Chris Closson, Lizzie McDermid, Chrissy Smith and Amanda Norris.
- Curtain Call Consignment Boutique is open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Kenai Performers’ Old Town Playhouse in Kenai. Organizers are taking consignments of new or gently used namebrand and designer clothing, handbags, shoes, jewelry and accessories. Contact Mary Krull at 398-2931.
- The Soldotna High School drama department presents a comedy, “The Panic Broadcast of 1938,” at 7 p.m. at SoHi. Admission is $5. See Thursday listing.
- The Kenai Central High School drama club presents “The Curious Savage,” by John Patrick, at 7 p.m. at the Renee C. Henderson Auditorium at KCHS. In the play, a wealthy woman is committed to an institution by her stepchildren to keep her from spending the family fortune to make people’s foolish wishes come true. The cast includes Alex Kiel, Catherine Hoisington, Michael Slone, Norrick McGee, Garrett Eady, Maya Johnson, Jen Kohler, Dylan Lawrence, Jesse Pedginski, Ella Stephens, Lynn Ziehmer and Kaleidoscope student Jacob Nabholz. Admission is $5 at the door.
- “8 Stars of Comedy Gold,” a comedic play about Alaska history, will be performed by Sidecar, an improvisational acting troupe from New York City, at 7 p.m. at Triumvirate Theatre in the Peninsula Center Mall in Soldotna. Tickets are $7 for adults, $3 for kids, available at the Triumvirate Bookstore and at the door. For more information, visit http://www.triumviratetheatre.org.
- Curtain Call Consignment Boutique is open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Kenai Performers’ Old Town Playhouse in Kenai. See Friday listing.
- The Soldotna High School drama department presents a comedy, “The Panic Broadcast of 1938, “ at 7 p.m. at SoHi. Admission is $5. See Thursday listing.
- The Kenai Central High School drama club presents “The Curious Savage,” by John Patrick, at 7 p.m. at the Renee C. Henderson Auditorium at KCHS. See Friday listing.
- “8 Stars of Comedy Gold” will be performed at 7 p.m. at Triumvirate Theatre in Soldotna. See Friday listing.
- The Friends of the Kenai Community Library will hold a high tea from 2 to 4 p.m. at the Merit Inn in Kenai to raise money for the library. Catering will be by Charlotte’s. Tickets are $25, available at the library and from board members.
- The Kenai Central High School drama club presents “The Curious Savage,” by John Patrick, at 3 p.m. at the Renee C. Henderson Auditorium at KCHS. See Friday listing.
- “8 Stars of Comedy Gold” will be performed at 7 p.m. April 10 and 11 at Triumvirate Theatre in Soldotna. See Friday listing. There will be a dinner theater showing at 7 p.m. April 9 at the Funky Monkey coffee shop in Kenai. Tickets for dinner and the show are $25.
- Friday and Saturday nights at The Riverside.
- Hooligan’s Saloon in Soldotna has a jam night Thursday and Tuff-e-Nuff on Friday and Saturday nights.
- The Maverick in Soldotna has the Free Beer Band on Sundays.
- Moosequito’s in Sterling has Lulu Small on Friday night.
- The Place in Nikiski has bluegrass by Them Other Shuckers on Friday nights around 7:30 p.m.
- The Rainbow Bar in Kenai has live music by The Mabrey Brothers at 10 p.m. Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays.
- Veronica’s in Kenai has open mic night Friday and Diggin’ Roots with Robb Justice and Dan Spencer, from 6:30 to 9 p.m. Saturday.
- 9 p.m. Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays at the Duck Inn on Kalifornsky Beach Road.
- 9 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays at the .406 in Kenai.
- 9:30 p.m. Wednesdays at Hooligan’s in Soldotna.
- 9 p.m. Fridays at J-Bar-B outside Soldotna.
- 9:30 p.m. Mondays at the Maverick in Soldotna.
- Hooligan’s in Soldotna has Texas Hold ’Em poker at 5 and 8 p.m. Tuesdays.
- The Maverick in Soldotna has a pool tournament at 8 p.m. Fridays.
- Moosequito’s in Sterling has Twister night Saturday, X Box boxing night on Sunday and darts Tuesday night.